Some feedback from the "new user" point of view.

Discussion in 'Feedbacks and Suggestions' started by ianvalls90, Aug 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ianvalls90

ianvalls90 New Member

Hi, I just started playing, so, I'm a new user (nevermind my previous experience) here, First thing I realized was the "hard style" NPCs, I dont mind that considering the betashop is open.....nevertheless, I couldn't (at least YET) find potions that are more than 3.....so leveling a lvl 60 DK with no mana pots is kind of a pain in the butt....and i wont carry TONS of 3-packs...thats lame....make them at least 50 or 100, same for HP pots.

Spots: You could mark them on the map (TAB map I mean)...it would make things MUCH easier for new players to find the spots...actually I found only a few spots, IDK if there are more or there arent...its just a hint.

Move (M) Menu:
    Move menu is screwed, If I press Davias it takes me to Elveland, pressing Dungeon will take me to Davias2, and so on....its like "moved" ^^....(I did run the launcher, but I already HAD the client, so this MAY BE on my side only....anyways you should add movereq files to one of the patches to prevent this happening to anyone else.

The pros found so far:
    ZERO LAG (Im from Argentina, and, my Internet connection is not quite the best, so thats a HUGE PRO given the circumstances.

I'll edit this post as soon as I find any other Pro or Con.

Kindly.
    Ian 'ianvalls90' Valls.

Later Edit:
    What's with the ZEN drop? I've been getting ZEN drops only around 200~1500...never got more than 1500zen on low level maps (lorencia, devias3 and every map in-between them.)
    Items on NPC are NOT cheap, meaning chars running out of zen easily......and that without mentioning the 1.680.000 zen used to JUST START the Helper :| nor the amount spent by it every 5 mins.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. Law

Law Shichibukai Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for the feedback! Allow me to start of by saying...

As of now, we haven't really configured the files for NPCs, Drop rates, Exp rates, events, etc. Because have just recently upgraded our server from Season 8 (MuEMU) to Season 9 (IGCN). Two different server files. Our current server files (IGCN) haven't been really been configured since, there were more important factors needed to be addressed. We'll be trying to implement everything we've done on the Season 8 files, to our current files as soon as we can. We apologize for the inconvenience, the development team are currently studying the source files for the current server files.

For the first question, about the Potions and NPCs: Yes, as you've noticed we are trying to implement a "Hard Server" (Global Server). We want the players to have the "Hunt and Play" mentality, that is why we won't be adding everything in the shops during the official launch. As of now the NPCs are configured with the default files. But, since the server is on the Open Beta phase, I'll talk with the higher staff and try to consider upgrading the necessities of the players especially the Potions, starting items like armors and weapons in the NPCs. So that testing out different parts of the game would be easier.

Second question, regarding the Spots: For the label of the spots on the "Tab" button. We already have that kind of feature on the Season 8 server. We'll be implementing this feature soon.

For the last question, with regards to the "Move" button and Zen: As stated earlier, we haven't really touched (if you could put it that way) or configured the current server files (Season 9). That is why you guys are experiencing, a hard time playing. There are might be bugs/glitches which you guys will or have experienced. We'll be resolving these issues as soon as we can.

Hopefully, I would have answered your questions. We sincerely appreciate your suggestion/feedback. Please do continue to support our server, continuing to offer your suggestions and feedback. Again, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience this have caused you.

3. ianvalls90

ianvalls90 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply @Law, It's no inconvenience for me, I can still play around...probably the lack of pots is the most annoying thing, but it's still playable tho.
    Feel Free to ask me if you cant find any config, or such, I'm VERY familiar with IGCN s9 files to be honest...but I'm myself in a "sabatic" period from Mu developing, so I'm in player-mode here (rofl), but just in case you need any help, feel free to pm me or anything.
    Best Regards.
    Ian

nofeara likes this.
  4. nofeara

nofeara ICXC Executive Chairman

Base from my experience, pots are configured to only stack at 3 units to prevent people from doing macro on pots (automated potion) which cannot be detected by any antihack so far that would ruin a good pvp. Since i wanted a hard server i would just be leaving it that way but i will be adding utility items in NPC such as the cherry blossom wine and cakes and utility buffs for normal and master level on X-Shop using online time points, planning to do it this weekend. I am really planning to populate the server with spots as we are just planning to do normal base experience :D but i am still currently learning the best way to convert the config files to xml.

I am actually amazed about this zero lag thing but maybe because of the few players, however maybe google is quite good for VPS :) -- kinda expensive though.

Actually we don't have a hired developer, we are just configuring the server on our own understanding and from the inputs i learned from RZ so yeah we really need help on some aspects which we cannot understand and i am counting on you for that :D. If you want, you can request for items not found on betashop or max characters to test out more aspects of the game.

As for the messed up move thing on your side i have added it on launcher patch, kindly see if it works.

ianvalls90 likes this.